Law Offices of Thor O. Emblem


A Construction Lien May Be the Answer to Nonpayment

If you are a subcontractor on a construction project, you have the right to be paid for the work you have done.  You may hear excuses or promises of payment at a later date, but you need to protect your rights now.  The construction law attorneys at The Law Offices of Thor O. Emblem in San Diego County, California can explain your rights and help you take the steps necessary to file a construction lien.

Advocates for Subcontractors

In addition to the money owed to you, you may have your own second tier subcontractors and suppliers who are expecting to be paid.  You have an obligation to your own business and to your subcontractors to make every effort to obtain payment for work performed and supplies delivered.

As soon as you are aware that a payment is late, contact a lawyer experienced with construction law, subcontractor rights and construction liens.  At our law firm, we work with our clients to resolve issues such as nonpayment as quickly as possible.  We understand the issues involved, and we have experience with a wide range of subcontractors and other service and material providers:

  • Earthwork contractors
  • Excavators
  • Concrete and asphalt contractors
  • Sewer and water contractors
  • Steel fabricators and erectors
  • Curb and gutter contractors
  • Rough carpenters
  • Finish carpenters
  • Drywall specialists
  • Roofing contractors
  • Masonry contractors
  • Electricians
  • Mechanical contractors (HVAC)
  • Plumbing contractors
  • Lighting contractors
  • Flooring contractors
  • Specialty contractors

Contact Us

Located in San Diego County, California, our firm serves individuals and companies involved in business, construction, manufacturing, real estate transactions and disputes.  Our construction law attorneys provide our clients with a high level of knowledge and experience.  Talk to a lawyer about your rights as well as your obligations as a subcontractor.  Contact us to set up a telephone or office consultation to discuss your legal needs.